Review: Terry Alderton at Laugh In The Park, Norwich
- Credit: Steve Ullathorne
Saturday's Laugh in the Park was the perfect antidote to a rainy evening and I was certainly surprised at just how brilliant the line-up was considering I hadn't seen any of the acts perform before.
First up was Canadian comic Sean Collins, whose dry, acerbic style of story telling was brilliantly frank and shocking, and the fact that he performed most of his 'stand up' sitting on a chair with a beer in his hand reflected his confident style perfectly.
I adore a good moan, and his hilariously negative observations had the crowd roaring with laughter, and may have secured him as my new favourite person to follow on twitter.
Second on the bill was the outrageous Ninia Benjamin, who was filthy from the get-go and it was fantastic!
A ball of energy delivering the most crude jokes, it was great to see a female comic be so bold and honest, and it was incredibly well received, with one man next to me laughing so hard he looked like he might have an asthma attack.
You may also want to watch:
MORE: Russell Kane at Laugh In The Park, NorwichFor me, Ninia was my favourite act of the evening and reaffirmed that women comedians can and should be just as funny, and brash, as their male counterparts.
Headlining the night was comedian and former love interest of Bianca Jackson in Eastenders, Terry Alderton. I had no idea what to expect of his act, so was lost for words when he exploded on stage wearing fetching eye liner and dancing while delivering his drinks. His act was so surreal I wondered if I shouldn't have had a second beer, but there were some hilarious moments and the crowd loved him. It was an interesting mix, Terry looking like an East-end gangster but performing with the dandy flair of Russell Brand, but it was certainly an exciting end to the evening.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
Here's looking forward to next year.