Review: Take That’s Wonderland Live tour at Birmingham’s Genting Arena
- Credit: Emma Knights
About 60,000 music fans are set to head to Norwich's Carrow Road in June to see the final two UK dates of Take That's Wonderland tour. Arts correspondent Emma Knights went to the tour's opening night in Birmingham on Friday to find out more about the show.
With their latest tour Take That promised to take their fans to Wonderland, and on their opening night in Birmingham's Genting Arena they most certainly did.
From the moment they appeared from within the audience, singing the title track of their new Wonderland album, they wowed the crowds with the most amazing of shows.
The band are well known for their phenomenal concerts, and this latest tour is once again a show like no other.
Tribal spectacle, carnival fun and one big psychedelic party are the backdrop to the show which sees Mark, Gary and Howard perform songs old and new.
You may also want to watch:
A giant Take That logo is at the centre of the action – forming the main stage which is completely surrounded by the audience.
From here the trio and their incredible team of dancers and musicians take the audience on a rollercoaster ride through Take That hits, kicking off with Wonderland and Greatest Day and finishing with Take That anthems Never Forget and Rule the World.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Show-stopping numbers along the way include seeing the whole stage transformed into a giant flower for Shine and later a magical revolving carousel for It's All For You.
Other highlights include an elaborate flame-filled rendition of Relight My Fire, a stunning aerial acrobatic sequence during Hope, and a spectacular rain shower for The Flood.
And the simple, stripped back moments for numbers such as Back For Good are equally special.
This show is truly Take That at their best – a wonderland of visual spectacle and pop classics alike that is not to be missed.
• The June 16 Take That concert at Norwich's Carrow Road is sold out but there are still tickets available for June 15 at Carrow Road. For more information about how to book tickets, visit www.takethat.com/live/
Wonderland Live Set List
Get Ready For It
Relight My Fire
Medley: Beautiful World/Wait/Satisfied/Love Life/How Deep Is Your Love
Back For Good
It's All For You
Rule The World