Review: Russell Kane at Laugh In The Park, Norwich
- Credit: supplied
Yet another successful Laugh In The Park came to typically hilarious end thanks to a highly-enjoyable 45 minute set by the energetic Russell Kane on Sunday night.
Kane (who in his own words is definitely not to be confused with TV doppelganger Nick Grimshaw) is one of the hottest talents on the comedy circuit and those present in Chapelfield Gardens got a good indication as to why.
As sharp as his trendy quiff, Kane is able to find humour in the most darkest of subjects, proven by the fact he draws guffaws from the crowd while talking about Brexit, mental health and this country's fondness for the odd drink - or eight.
His set was the highlight of what was a strong - and brilliantly varied - night of comedy. Improv group The Noise Next Door drew a good number of laughs, though perhaps some of their skits could have been shortened to allow even more variety in a 30 minute performance that whizzed by.
Jeff Innocent was an absolute delight, with most of his set covering the perils of looking like a racist granddad taxi driver. His experience really showed, especially with a great closing joke that managed to pull together several of his earlier subjects.
You may also want to watch:
Host Tim Fitzhigham pulled it together nicely, providing some decent laughs on local subjects with his jokes about life in King's Lynn and Diss.
A great evening and I'm already looking forward to the festival's return in 2018.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner