Review: Peter Pan Goes Wrong
- Credit: Alastair Muir
There's a special belly laugh reserved for watching things go horribly wrong – and this show has belly laugh moments in spades.
Missed cues, random explosions, a mass brawl between the actors, and badly behaving wigs are just some of the mishaps that befall the Cornly Polytechnic Drama Society as they try to put on an inventive new production of Peter Pan.
In reality those on stage are a highly talented crew that don't miss a trick, with spot-on slapstick running from start to finish through this high-energy production.
Alex Bartram is brilliant as the dashing Pan, with Laurence Pears leading from the front as the 'serious' director and Hook. The rest of this tight cast excel too, but there was special audience affection for Matt Cavendish as the put-open Max and Harry Kershaw as the narrator.
This is proper, rip-roaring, stupendously silly fun that gets everything right.
Peter Pan Goes Wrong continues at the Theatre Royal, Norwich until Saturday.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes