Review: Peter Pan Goes Wrong
- Credit: Alastair Muir
There's a special belly laugh reserved for watching things go horribly wrong – and this show has belly laugh moments in spades.
Missed cues, random explosions, a mass brawl between the actors, and badly behaving wigs are just some of the mishaps that befall the Cornly Polytechnic Drama Society as they try to put on an inventive new production of Peter Pan.
In reality those on stage are a highly talented crew that don't miss a trick, with spot-on slapstick running from start to finish through this high-energy production.
Alex Bartram is brilliant as the dashing Pan, with Laurence Pears leading from the front as the 'serious' director and Hook. The rest of this tight cast excel too, but there was special audience affection for Matt Cavendish as the put-open Max and Harry Kershaw as the narrator.
This is proper, rip-roaring, stupendously silly fun that gets everything right.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Pan Goes Wrong continues at the Theatre Royal, Norwich until Saturday.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre