Review: Lords and Ladies, Norwich Theatre Royal Youth Company, Stage Two
- Credit: Archant
Viv Thomas enjoys a lively adaptation of Terry Pratchett book.
A group of talented youngsters have been casting a spell over sell-out audiences at Stage Two in the past few days with a lively adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Lords and Ladies.
What's not to like - good witches, evil elves, royalty, rustics, morris dancing, sword fights - all presented with lots of humour!
A Midsummer Night's Dream is referenced various times - but this story, adapted for the stage by Irana Brown, takes some of those themes and mischievously takes them in a different direction.
There were great performances all round as the cast (some portraying several characters) really got their teeth into comedic parts, with the leads particularly assured and impressive.
You may also want to watch:
Mention must also be made of the clever and extremely effective set, sound and lighting effects.
The last performance tonight (Sat 16th) will be audio described.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 4 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash