Review: Bastille at UEA
- Credit: Archant
How lucky are we indie rock music lovers in Norwich?
Those clever events people at our #UEA brought Bastille to Norfolk in June when the Indie rockers stormed the battlements at the university's Waterfront venue in Norwich.
Just seven months later the Londoners were back at UEA campus - with a number one album under their belt.
Bad Blood hit top spot the weekend the band, led by velvet-voiced Dan Smith, were in Norwich so the guys love it here.
Title track of the blockbuster Bad Blood album kicked off the evening and the crowd, more than 1500 of them, went wild. Things We Lost in he Fire, Daniel in the Den and Weight of Living quickly followed.
You may also want to watch:
The band's musicianship is growing and a high quality set was in place from the start.
Great to see Dan and Co in constant dialogue with the young audience, although away from the crush at the front I saw handfuls of veteran rockers enjoying the evening to the full.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham