Review: Bastille at UEA
- Credit: Archant
How lucky are we indie rock music lovers in Norwich?
Those clever events people at our #UEA brought Bastille to Norfolk in June when the Indie rockers stormed the battlements at the university's Waterfront venue in Norwich.
Just seven months later the Londoners were back at UEA campus - with a number one album under their belt.
Bad Blood hit top spot the weekend the band, led by velvet-voiced Dan Smith, were in Norwich so the guys love it here.
Title track of the blockbuster Bad Blood album kicked off the evening and the crowd, more than 1500 of them, went wild. Things We Lost in he Fire, Daniel in the Den and Weight of Living quickly followed.
The band's musicianship is growing and a high quality set was in place from the start.
Great to see Dan and Co in constant dialogue with the young audience, although away from the crush at the front I saw handfuls of veteran rockers enjoying the evening to the full.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash