Review: ABC at Reload Festival
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower - 99PROBS Music Media
If there was one album you wanted on your shelf back in the 1980s it was of course The Lexican of Love with lead singer Martin Fry holding a pistol in one hand and a girl in a long red dress in the other.
He wowed us then with his bright blond hair and shiny gold suits and although neither were in evidence last night, Fry and his New Wave boys sounded as good as they ever did.
Fry still looks great in a suit, albeit tailored and not shiny, and the hair is grey not blond but you just fell in love all over again with those hits like Tears are Not Enough, Poison Arrow and of course the Look of Love...
I have to say Fry's voice sounded as great singing this track last night as on the album all those years ago. Again a great crowd pleaser and über cool.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes