Review: ABC at Reload Festival
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower - 99PROBS Music Media
If there was one album you wanted on your shelf back in the 1980s it was of course The Lexican of Love with lead singer Martin Fry holding a pistol in one hand and a girl in a long red dress in the other.
He wowed us then with his bright blond hair and shiny gold suits and although neither were in evidence last night, Fry and his New Wave boys sounded as good as they ever did.
Fry still looks great in a suit, albeit tailored and not shiny, and the hair is grey not blond but you just fell in love all over again with those hits like Tears are Not Enough, Poison Arrow and of course the Look of Love...
You may also want to watch:
I have to say Fry's voice sounded as great singing this track last night as on the album all those years ago. Again a great crowd pleaser and über cool.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street