Reduced Shakespeare Company - Completely Hollywood
Norwich Theatre Royal
> Norwich Theatre Royal
What a fun show, condensing every aspect of Hollywood and squeezing it into a mere hour and a half - phew!
Ruben Crow, David Menkin and Adam D Millard radiated so much energy and gusto that you couldn't help but be impressed.
Without spoiling it for those of you who have bought tickets, let me just say the audience really get involved!
You may also want to watch:
It took a little time for the hilarity to establish during the first act but as soon as we knew our role it was lights, camera, action.
What I particularly liked was the fast, yet effortless, pace combined with such cheeky tomfoolery. These guys were having so much fun, it was hard to know where the script stopped and the improvisation began.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
The audience started with a shy giggle, which erupted during the second act into Michael Moore-sized belly laughs. This was classic comedy with brilliant moments from classic films.
The production uses no frills or clever tricks but simple stagecraft and that is so refreshing. Theatre doesn't have to compete with the cinema. Is Hollywood taking over the world? Are we all turning into zombies? I don't think so.