Reduced Shakespeare Company - Completely Hollywood
Norwich Theatre Royal
> Norwich Theatre Royal
What a fun show, condensing every aspect of Hollywood and squeezing it into a mere hour and a half - phew!
Ruben Crow, David Menkin and Adam D Millard radiated so much energy and gusto that you couldn't help but be impressed.
Without spoiling it for those of you who have bought tickets, let me just say the audience really get involved!
It took a little time for the hilarity to establish during the first act but as soon as we knew our role it was lights, camera, action.
What I particularly liked was the fast, yet effortless, pace combined with such cheeky tomfoolery. These guys were having so much fun, it was hard to know where the script stopped and the improvisation began.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 9 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
The audience started with a shy giggle, which erupted during the second act into Michael Moore-sized belly laughs. This was classic comedy with brilliant moments from classic films.
The production uses no frills or clever tricks but simple stagecraft and that is so refreshing. Theatre doesn't have to compete with the cinema. Is Hollywood taking over the world? Are we all turning into zombies? I don't think so.