Red Arrows make triumphant return to Cromer carnival
- Credit: Lorna Williams
The Red Arrows made a triumphant return to Cromer for the town's annual Carnival after their absence last year.
The Carnival Day programme got underway with a performance from the Croydon Steel Orchestra in the town's Henry Blogg Gardens at 9.30am before the Red Arrows thrilled the crowds at 11am.
And one of the highlights of the week is the Grand Carnival Parade through the town, and judging of the floats and fancy dress, assembling at Runton Road car park from 5pm.
John Lee, chairman of the local authority, said: 'It has been going for so long we just take it for granted that everybody knows what it is about.
'But there are new visitors coming to north Norfolk in huge numbers.
You may also want to watch:
'I think they are amazed by how much is going on, how many events there are and how varied they are. From having a dog show to the Red Arrows, there's something for everybody.
'I'm a Cromer man so it's an honour to be invited by the carnival committee. It's the amount of visitors it brings to the area, it's good for the whole of north Norfolk not just Cromer.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
Cromer mayor Tim Adams added: 'It's our favourite week in Cromer and we try to make it better every year.'
Carnival Day timetable
• Around town
5pm, Carnival Day Parade
5.45pm, Judging of the Floats and Fancy Dress.
7pm, Cromer Grand Carnival Parade. Through the Town via Runton Road, Prince of Wales Road, Hamilton Road, Church Street, Mount Street, Louden Road, West Street, Beach Road and returning to the Runton Road car park.
8.45pm, Live Music - Catch 22 - Carnival Field, Runton Road
• Carnival arena
2pm, The Knights of the Damned
2.40pm, Stuart Barnes' Ducks and Dogs
3.25pm, Squib Freestyle Stunt Show
4pm, Arena events end