Rat Pack Live tribute group performing jazz and swing classics at Cromer Pier theatre
- Credit: Archant
Jazz and swing fans will be treated to musical classics at a Cromer Pier concert next month.
Rat Pack Live will be swaggering onto the stage at the Pavilion Theatre on Sunday September 14 at 7.30pm.
The show will feature all the panache and attitude of Sammy Davis Jnr, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra during their Las Vegas heyday.
Rat Pack Live entertainers include Mark Halliday, who has performed as Dean Martin to critical acclaim both in the West End of London and in international touring productions.
Frank Sinatra will be played by Stephen Rashbrook, who has played Ol' Blue Eyes at the Strand, Savoy and Adelphi Theatres in the West End of London and on UK, European and US tours.
Jim Whitley, a former Manchester City Football Club player, will perform as Sammy Davis Junior and in the past has toured as both Sammy and Nat King Cole.
Together they bring the patter and razzamatazz of the Rat Pack's infamous cool live stage show.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Show producer Michael Taylor said: 'Mark carries off Dino's stage presence to a tee. Spirit glass in one hand, microphone in the other, he captures Dean Martin's polished irreverence on beautifully-performed songs like Ain't That a Kick in the Head, Mambo Italiano and That's Amore.'
The show's Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Junior also exude similarly astounding stage presence, according to Michael.
During his stage career, Stephen Rashbrook has appeared with Dame Judi Dench and Ben Kingsley.
'Together the talented trio combine swingsationally in Rat Pack Live. Prepare to experience the definition of cool,' the producer added.
The show will be backed by the full sound of big band and will include hits from a back catalogue of 45 worldwide hits.
These include New York, New York; That's Amore; My Way; Mr Bojangles; That's Life; Ain't That a Kick in the Head; I've Got You Under My Skin; Mambo Italiano; and Little Old Wine Drinker Me
Tickets cost £23.50 (£22.50 for concessions and £20.50 for early bird tickets). Call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com/whats-on to book.
To be in with a chance of winning two pairs of tickets to the show buy a copy of this week's North Norfolk News to enter a competition.