Rap star announced for Norwich festival
More than 30,000 people will get to see one of the most prolific rap acts of last year as artists are revealed for pop-festival the Norfolk Spectacular.
Rapper Elliot Gleave, known by music fans as Example, is the first act to be added to the Saturday line-up of the music event planned for the weekend of September 3 and 4.
The artist will join hip-hop and R&B stars such as Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder, N-Dubz, Maverick Sabre and Yasmin – all set to perform on the Sunday of the two-day festival.
Logistics manager Roy Trickett said: 'We are really chuffed to add Example to the line-up for Saturday. He sold out at the UEA when he was last in Norfolk and he adds to the great acts we have planned for the Sunday.'
Example was first thrust into the mainstream spotlight when his single Kickstarts raced up the charts after its release in April 2010.
Since then, the 26-year-old rapper has become a regular on the festival circuit by playing big-name shows such as T4 stars of 2010 and Glastonbury.
But despite the performer being known for his high-tempo shows, Mr Trickett has moved to reassure people that the Norfolk Spectacular is going to be a family friendly environment.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
He continued: 'We want youngsters, families and a whole mixed group of people to come along to this event. We are building towards a very safe environment in the arena and throughout the festival grounds.
'What we want is for parents to be able to drop of their teenage sons or daughters and feel comfortable in the knowledge that they are going to be in safe hands.'
The festival will feature at least 10 acts on both the Saturday and the Sunday, with one day focusing on pop and the other on hip-hop and R&B.
Tickets cost �45 per day. Camping tickets cost �110 for three nights camping and are only available at www.ticketeast.co.uk. Disabled tickets are only available at www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
For more information visit www.norfolkspectacular.co.uk or ring the booking number on 0871 224 113.
Are you organising a big event in Norwich? Contact us on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com