Popular choir on song
RICHARD PARR King's Lynn Male Voice Choir, which celebrated its 50th anniversary earlier this year, is to give its annual Christmas Concert on Wednesday under its new musical director, Reuben Jones.
King's Lynn Male Voice Choir, which celebrated its 50th anniversary earlier this year, is to give its annual Christmas Concert on Wednesday under its new musical director, Reuben Jones.
The concert, in the Assembly Rooms at King's Lynn Town Hall, is a popular event and the concert will feature guest soloist and harpist, Jennifer Hamilton.
Mr Jones, whose musical experiences include the West End and Broadway, will be bringing his wealth of musical knowledge to the fore in his new role of director and conductor and is looking forward to taking the Choir forward to greater things.
Ms Hamilton was a member of the Opera North Chorus and has freelanced as a soloist with various internationally-acclaimed companies, including the Hallé Orchestra and the Liverpool Philharmonic.
Mr Jones said he was delighted to be the Choir's new musical director and was aware of its considerable history spanning five decades.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 10 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
He will be supported in his role by musical accompanist and assistant musical director, Anne Greeves.
Mr Jones will combine his new role with his professional work as a versatile entertainer travelling all over the country.
The Choir has established members including the oldest at 77, Maurice Hughes and the youngest, baritone, Nick Greer from Burnham Market. There have been several new members among the 29-member group.
Tickets at £9.50 (including a light buffet and glass of wine) on 01485 600649 or 01553 672388.