Police gala day and old car rally
One of the most popular family events on the local calendar returns to the Norfolk Showground on Sunday from 10am.
One of the most popular family events on the local calendar returns to the Norfolk Showground on Sunday, September 5, from 10am.
Promising another action-packed day for the family, this will be the 27th Gala Day and will again incorporate the Radio Norfolk Old Car Rally and Police Motorcycle Day.
One of the main attractions will be the Bolddog Lings Freestyle Team with their programme of motorcycle trick riding and other arena events include Tomfoolery and Charlie (the almost flying Reliant Robin), a display by the Raptor Trust and a police vehicle cavalcade. As well as a wide variety of displays, crafts, trade and stands, there will be a full programme of events.
There will also be a full programme on the “village green”, police dog trials putting Norfolk Constabulary's dog handling teams through their paces, displays by police divers and emergency services and agencies at the lake or you can watch historic enactments at the medieval village.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be officially opened at 2pm by Radio Norfolk's Roy Waller and Look East's Julie Reinger. Adults £5, children £3, family ticket (two adults, two children) £10.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop