Police arrest eight people over two days at Radio 1’s Big Weekend in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Radio 1's Big Weekend was a largely peaceful event, with just eight people arrested over the two days.
Some 50,000 people descended on Earlham Park to watch Taylor Swift, the Foo Fighters and Muse perform at Radio 1's flagship event.
Norwich Superintendant Dave Marshall said there had been four minor assaults, one mobile phone theft and one theft from a bag, which he added was low for an event of that size.
'It was a fantastic mix of people, from young children with ear defenders to grandmas and granddads,' he added.
'There were very few problems, and few alcohol related incidents.'
You may also want to watch:
Some 11 people were thrown out over the whole weekend, and there were three arrests for assault, one person caught drink driving and four people who were drunk and disorderly.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner