Police arrest eight people over two days at Radio 1’s Big Weekend in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Radio 1's Big Weekend was a largely peaceful event, with just eight people arrested over the two days.
Some 50,000 people descended on Earlham Park to watch Taylor Swift, the Foo Fighters and Muse perform at Radio 1's flagship event.
Norwich Superintendant Dave Marshall said there had been four minor assaults, one mobile phone theft and one theft from a bag, which he added was low for an event of that size.
'It was a fantastic mix of people, from young children with ear defenders to grandmas and granddads,' he added.
'There were very few problems, and few alcohol related incidents.'
Some 11 people were thrown out over the whole weekend, and there were three arrests for assault, one person caught drink driving and four people who were drunk and disorderly.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Spirited City held to 0-0 draw by in-form Wolves