Picture Gallery: The Script set records tumbling in Thetford Forest
A new record attendance was set for a concert in Thetford Forest on Thursday night as The Script delighted a 9,500 strong crowd.
It is about 14 years since the woodland venue started staging gigs and the appeal of the Irish band ensured that the new high was recorded.
Many well known acts have appeared at Thetford over the years from Status Quo to Ed Sheeran but none have managed to match the size of Friday night's audience.
The Script last played at Thetford two years ago and since then they have become established on the global stage.
Their album sales have topped four million and the number of singles bought is heading towards 10 million.
Front man Danny O'Donoghue's own meteoric personal rise to stardom has been accelerated with his key role as one of the four judges on the BBC's hit talent show The Voice.
As O'Donoghue burst on to the stage he said: 'Let me hear you scream. I wish you guys could see what I see.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
'I cannot believe the amount of people here - it is incredible.'
A perfect summer's night greeted the huge crowd and they were thrilled by the Dubliners' set which included many of their hits including We Cry, Hall of Fame, The Six Degrees of Separation, Millionaires, If You Could See Me Now, The Man who Can't Be Moved, Nothing and For The First Time.
The concert ended in style with a colourful storm of confetti scattered over the arena.
The gig was the first in the second half of the Thetford summer season and it continues on Friday night with Paul Weller and ends on Saturday night with Elvis Costello and the Imposters.
Paul Weller has sold out but tickets are still available for Elvis Costello and The Imposters. Tickets are available by ringing the box office on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music