PICTURE GALLERY: New flea market is a success in Norwich
An indoor Norwich flea market is proving to be a roaring success after only being in operation for five months.
Aladdin's Cave, on Magdalen Street, began running the Saturday flea market from above the main store in October last year.
Now running more than 40 stalls, the market has a variety goods available, from vintage comics to second-hand home furnishings.
Drawing in customers as diverse as students from the Norwich University College of the Arts to collectors seeking specialist antique goods, the flea market has proved a popular local attraction.
Graham Gould, who runs Aladdin's Cave with his partner Rob Ebbage, explained how the market had progressed.
You may also want to watch:
He said: ''We began the market in October with only a few stalls but it's grown steadily. It's boosted customer numbers for the main store as well as the flea market.
'We have a great variety of people who run stalls here, from people who have run antique shops for years on Elm Hill to people who sell items from house clearances.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
'The location is a warm and dry and I hope it becomes a more permanent location.
'Currently we run on Saturdays, but in the medium term, I'd like to run the market two days a week. We have more space, with potential for larger stands, that we are going to expand into. Eventually, in the long term, I hope to have enough permanent traders to allow us to open five to seven days a week and have people queuing outside before opening, but it's early days yet.'
The success of the market has had a knock-on effect on the area with many former traders at the market going on to set up their own shops nearby, such as Retreat Vintage and Laurel and Hardy.
Aladdin's Cave Flea Market is open on Saturdays at 10am and runs till 5pm. For more information call 01603 666 305.
• View the picture gallery at the top of the page