Photo galleries: Thousands enjoy first day of Sundown Festival at Norfolk Showground
Thousands of people got into the festival atmosphere at the Norfolk Showground yesterday afternoon, on the first day of the Sundown Festival.
The weather was a little disappointing but the rain largely held off, with overcast conditions and maximum temperatures of 20C now being predicted for both days.
The crowds at Sundown, formerly Norfolk Spectacular, were anticipating X-Factor star Olly Murs to take centre stage tonight, following the likes of Katy B, Pixie Lott, Wiley, Diana Vickers and Stooshe.
Organisers say they have already sold many more tickets than last year but there are some still available – with some day tickets available for �35 on the gate.
Star DJs Chase & Status top the bill on the main stage today, following acts such as rapper Labrinth, Radio One rock DJ Zane Lowe and Ms Dynamite.
People attending the festival will be able to use the First X1 bus service to get directly to the showground. The X1 will be running every 10 minutes, with the last bus leaving the showground at 11.55pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- To view photos from the first day of Sundown, see the gallery at the top-right of this page.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 'TV naturalist suggests Western Link is not 'tolerable'
- 10 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- Are you going to Sundown? Send your photos and videos to us at www.iwitness24.co.uk