Photo galleries: Thousands enjoy first day of Sundown Festival at Norfolk Showground
Thousands of people got into the festival atmosphere at the Norfolk Showground yesterday afternoon, on the first day of the Sundown Festival.
The weather was a little disappointing but the rain largely held off, with overcast conditions and maximum temperatures of 20C now being predicted for both days.
The crowds at Sundown, formerly Norfolk Spectacular, were anticipating X-Factor star Olly Murs to take centre stage tonight, following the likes of Katy B, Pixie Lott, Wiley, Diana Vickers and Stooshe.
Organisers say they have already sold many more tickets than last year but there are some still available – with some day tickets available for �35 on the gate.
Star DJs Chase & Status top the bill on the main stage today, following acts such as rapper Labrinth, Radio One rock DJ Zane Lowe and Ms Dynamite.
You may also want to watch:
People attending the festival will be able to use the First X1 bus service to get directly to the showground. The X1 will be running every 10 minutes, with the last bus leaving the showground at 11.55pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- To view photos from the first day of Sundown, see the gallery at the top-right of this page.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- Are you going to Sundown? Send your photos and videos to us at www.iwitness24.co.uk