Photo galleries and video: Hundreds queue for visit of Nigella Lawson to Jarrolds in Norwich
Hundreds of people queued out of the door at Jarrolds in Norwich this lunchtime for the visit of glamorous celebrity cook Nigella Lawson.
The London Street store was thronging with fans of Nigella waiting to get their copy of the TV cook's latest book, Nigellisma, signed by the lady herself.
Allison Walker-Morecroft, from Hethersett, was one of the many people in the queue. She said: 'I've got all her books. Her books are just different, and charming, and fattening!
'And she gives lots of hints and tips. She gives the address of a lot of her suppliers, even the pig farm in the south that she uses. So she's trustworthy and you just know her recipes are going to work.
'My favourite is her Honeybee Chocolate Cake, with little bees made from marzipan and with wings made from flakes of almonds.'
Claire Foreman, who lives near the UEA, had her arms full with four copies of Nigellisma for herself and colleagues at Booja Booja chocolatiers in Brooke, in south Norfolk.
Nigella has previously praised Booja Booja's organic chocolate and was happy to talk shop, saying she would like to try the Norfolk company's organic ice cream.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
Ms Foreman said: 'I think she's fabulous, I'm just excited to see her. I've been sent to get a copy signed for the company because she has mentioned us on Twitter before, so we love her!'
Jayne Martin had travelled up from Southwold in Suffolk for the book-signing event as she has something unfortunately rather tragic in common with Nigella.
She explained: 'I've absolutely loved her since the days of her husband John Diamond becoming poorly, who used to do a column in the Sunday Times.
'I followed his progress closely because unfortunately my husband was suddenly diagnosed with cancer and died before John Diamond (who passed away in March 2001).
'I think Nigella's recipes are fantastic, they really make you want to eat them and make them yourself, it's all about the taste with her recipes.'
- Watch some of Nigella's visit to Jarrolds by pressing play on the video above.
- Did you get your photo taken with Nigella? Send us your photos at www.iwitness24.co.uk and we will include them in our iwitness24 gallery at the top-right of this page.