Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott set for Thetford Forest return with Billy Bragg
- Credit: Archant
The former The Beautiful South duo will return to the concert series next summer, two years after their last appearance, and with the beloved British songwriter as special guest.
Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott are to return to Thetford Forest after being announced as the latest act to play the series of summer live gigs in 2018 — two years after they last played.
The former The Beautiful South duo will be at High Lodge on Saturday, June 9, with tickets going on sale this from 9am this Friday.
They will be joined by beloved British songwriter Billy Bragg who will be making a special guest appearance.
Paul Heaton, one of the UK's most successful songwriters with some 10 million album sales under his belt, first came to public attention in the early 80s as front man of Hull-based indie poppers The Housemartins.
You may also want to watch:
In 1988 Heaton formed The Beautiful South, who released 10 hugely successful albums. Jacqui Abbott was lead vocalist in The Beautiful South from 1994 to 2000 and she sang many of their signature hits including Rotterdam', Perfect 10, Don't Marry Her and Dream A Little Dream.
The pair's latest album, Crooked Calypso, charted at number two making it their highest release as a duo to date following on from two further top five albums in What Have We Become and Wisdom, Laughter and Lines.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
The Thetford gig will see them play material from their albums as a duo as well as songs from The Beautiful South and the Housemartins.
• Tickets priced £33.50 (plus £3.85 booking fee) go on sale from 9am on October 20 via 03000 680400 or at forestry.gov.uk/music