Panto team ready to tread the boards for 10th time
- Credit: John Glegg
Amateur players in Wighton will stage their 10th pantomime this weekend.
The Wighton Panto will perform Pinocchio and the Circus, written and directed by Sandy Hopkinson, at 7.30pm on Friday and Saturday and 3pm on Sunday at the village hall.
It tells the tale of Pinocchio's (Elias Gregg) abduction to the circus by Evaline (Nigel Shackleford), greedy wife of the wicked ringmaster (George Brett-Reynolds) and his scheming sister Carmella (Susan Green).
Also starring Paul Roe as the feeble, ageing weightlifter, Julie Piggott as the terrified wire walker, Saucy Sue and Wayne Brett-Reynolds as the mischievous clown Jo Jo.
Jimini Cricket is played by Tricia Bryan and Pinocchio's parents Maria and Guiseppe by Margaret Brett-Reynolds and Robin Butler.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £6 for adults and £3 for children (under fives free) from Margaret (01328 820511) or Sandy (01328 821502) or on the door.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze