Panto team ready to tread the boards for 10th time
- Credit: John Glegg
Amateur players in Wighton will stage their 10th pantomime this weekend.
The Wighton Panto will perform Pinocchio and the Circus, written and directed by Sandy Hopkinson, at 7.30pm on Friday and Saturday and 3pm on Sunday at the village hall.
It tells the tale of Pinocchio's (Elias Gregg) abduction to the circus by Evaline (Nigel Shackleford), greedy wife of the wicked ringmaster (George Brett-Reynolds) and his scheming sister Carmella (Susan Green).
Also starring Paul Roe as the feeble, ageing weightlifter, Julie Piggott as the terrified wire walker, Saucy Sue and Wayne Brett-Reynolds as the mischievous clown Jo Jo.
Jimini Cricket is played by Tricia Bryan and Pinocchio's parents Maria and Guiseppe by Margaret Brett-Reynolds and Robin Butler.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £6 for adults and £3 for children (under fives free) from Margaret (01328 820511) or Sandy (01328 821502) or on the door.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 10 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms