Operas set to take to Norwich Theatre Royal stage
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Theatre Royal
A love story which gripped Paris and one of the world's most popular operas are set to take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage as award-winning producer Ellen Kent makes her spring 2018 return to the city with two productions.
The beautiful yet tragic La Traviata will be performed on March 19 followed by Madama Butterfly the following day.
La Traviata, penned by Verdi, tells the story of the passionate Violetta and her doomed love for the aristrocrat Alfredo.
Meanwhile Puccini's famous Madama Butterfly tells the tale of a beautiful young Japanese girl who falls in love with an American naval officer, only for their intense passion to turn to heartbreak and tragedy.
La Traviata is being performed on Monday, March 19 at 7.30pm, and Madama Butterfly on Saturday, March 20 at 7.30pm. Tickets £8-£36.50.
You may also want to watch:
To book, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region