Operas set to take to Norwich Theatre Royal stage
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Theatre Royal
A love story which gripped Paris and one of the world's most popular operas are set to take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage as award-winning producer Ellen Kent makes her spring 2018 return to the city with two productions.
The beautiful yet tragic La Traviata will be performed on March 19 followed by Madama Butterfly the following day.
La Traviata, penned by Verdi, tells the story of the passionate Violetta and her doomed love for the aristrocrat Alfredo.
Meanwhile Puccini's famous Madama Butterfly tells the tale of a beautiful young Japanese girl who falls in love with an American naval officer, only for their intense passion to turn to heartbreak and tragedy.
La Traviata is being performed on Monday, March 19 at 7.30pm, and Madama Butterfly on Saturday, March 20 at 7.30pm. Tickets £8-£36.50.
You may also want to watch:
To book, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143