On International Burger Day here are 7 of the best places to get a burger in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate International Burger Day here's our guide to seven of the best places you can get one from in Norwich.
• Captain America's, 4 Exchange Street
This 'Hamburger Heaven' located right in the city centre has been grilling burgers since 1972, giving them enough time to learn how to get it just right. Captain America's is a small restaurant boasting big portion sizes and good value for money, all in all a nice place to swing by for a casual meal with friends or family.
• 7Heaven, 10 Exchange Street
You may also want to watch:
Just a short walk down the road from Captain America's is a newer, perhaps lesser-known restaurant with a penchant for burgers and waffles. 7Heaven offers customers eight different types of burger, including the 7Truffle, a patty filled with wild mushrooms and truffle oil and the Trotter7, a pork burger topped with BBQ pulled pork, pancetta, spiced apple chutney and cheese.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
• The Fat Cat and Canary, 101 Thorpe Road
Bullit Burgers, an artisan travelling burger company, have taken up residence in The Fat Cat pub, much to the delight of football fans stopping in for pre-match fuelling. Burgers to try include the Nacho Libre which comes complete with chorizo, cheese and nachos and the Roquito, loaded with hot and sweet roquito chillies.
• Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Unit 410, Chapelfield Shopping Centre
As the name suggests, GBK is packing a variety of unique burgers for its customers, offering a range of beef, chicken and speciality burgers such as Persian Lamb, there's no doubt that you'll find something to suit everyone's tastes here.
• ZAKS Diner, Barrack Street
A traditional American diner, ZAKS menu boasts 20 different kinds of burger, with toppings including everything from surf 'N' turf to bbq beans. ZAKS is most definitely the place to go if you are feeling overly indulgent.
• Yellows American Bar and Grill, Carrow Road
With their menu claiming to have the 'best ever burgers' it's worth going to Yellows just to discover for yourself whether or not this statement is true. There are currently five 'All-American' freshly ground beef burgers and one spicy jalapeño bean burger for you to choose from. Harper's Winning Burger in particular could be a meaty match made in heaven, comprising of beef, pepperoni and Cumberland sausage.
• T.G.I. Friday's, Riverside
An American chain restaurant serving brilliantly named burgers such as the Bruce Lee, The Chief and Finish What Ya Started, all of which sound like Man V Food worthy meals. The double glazed Jack Daniel's burger is a particular favourite with customers on TripAdvisor and well worth a try if you're looking for a flavourful twist on a classic.
• Where's your favourite place to grab a burger in the city? Let us know in the comments below.