Olly Day in Cromer Pier Christmas Show
- Credit: submitted
Dancers, singers, a comedy magician and traditional family festive entertainment is coming to an end-of-the-pier theatre this month.
The Cromer Pier Christmas Show at the Pavilion Theatre has started and finishes on Saturday December
It will star one of Britain's best singer Lyn Paul, from New Seekers fame, popular entertainer Olly Day, Cromer singer Eddie Bushell, and comedy magician Benson.
The show also includes dancers from Marlene's School of Dance in Cromer and dancers from the summer Seaside Special Cromer show.
Entertainer Olly Day is a regular favourite in the annual pier show and is East Anglia's finest performers.
His showbiz career began aged 14 when he entered local talent shows with his comedy magic act.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
He did very well and went on to win the grand final of Search for a Star in 1981.
For many years, Olly appeared as an extra in television shows, including Allo, Allo.
He also appeared in In Love with Alma Cogan, filmed in Cromer, where he doubled for John Hurt as the comedian.
Olly is well-known to most of the children in Norfolk for his Road Safety Magic Show, which has been performed in schools for the past 20 years.
The show has now been watched by more than
Evening performances for the Cromer Pier Christmas Show are at 7pm and matinées start at 2pm.
Family tickets cost £40-£45.
To book call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.
To have a chance of winning a pair of tickets to a night of your choice buy a copy of today's North Norfolk News to enter a competition in the Guide section.