Oli Brown band wins three British Blues Awards
Norfolk singer songwriter Oli Brown and his band have picked up a hat trick of accolades in the British Blues Awards.
The musician from Sco Ruston near Coltishall, bass player Ron Sayer from North Walsham and drummer Wayne Proctor from Nottingham took the best band and album titles with Wayne also being voted best drummer.
Last year Oli won the male vocalist and young artist honours, and this year was also runner-up in both categories.
The successes come during a busy gigging and recording schedule which sees them currently in the studio doing a third album to be released in the spring, flying out to Canada this weekend to play in a Harvest jazz and Blues festival, then returning to tour with the Godfather of British Blues John Mayall in a tour that means playing 25 gigs without a break.
Father and manager Graham Brown said Oli was 'knocked out' by the awards, done through a public vote.
You may also want to watch:
The band was still a relatively new line-up with Ron having joined last October and Wayne in January.
The album award was for Heads I Win Tails You Lose, which was produced by Mike Vernon who has worked with big names such as Fleetwood Mac, and Eric Clapton.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
The new, as yet un-named, album is due out in April to coincide with tours of the UK and Germany. Oli will be playing his usual 'home' Christmas gig at the Norwich Waterfront on December 15.
More information at www.olibrownband.co.uk