Norwich Sound and Vision festival starts today
- Credit: Steve Gullick
Music acts galore will be taking to stages across the city over the next few days for the annual Norwich Sound and Vision festival.
The music and media event - now in its seventh year - starts today and for the next three days will present an eclectic mix of live acts across Norwich. Running alongside this will be a NSV conference programme putting a spotlight on working in the music, radio, TV, film and multi-media industries.
Norwich Sound and Vision director Adrian Cooke said: 'This year's festival will be lots of fun. There are lots of really exciting new bands and also some really cool events that are not just normal gigs....It's really varied and I think, if you have a wrist band and are hopping around the venues, you will see lots of stuff that really surprises you and that you won't be expecting.'
Among his top tips of events not to miss are: Saturday's in conversation events at Norwich Arts Centre with Viv Albertine, Rat Scabies and Brix Smith-Start; the band Bad Breeding performing at The Mash Tun on Thursday night; and the Sound of Silents: the Pasture and Plough film and live music event at the Octagon Chapel on Friday.
He said he was excited Let's Eat Grandma, who have performed at Norwich Sound and Vision a number of times before and next week will be performing on BBC Two's Later...With Jools Holland, would be closing the festival on Saturday at Norwich Arts Centre.
You may also want to watch:
'They are big stars now and it's really appropriate that they are closing the festival because they are what it is all about, inspiring young people to achieve things and helping audiences discover new artists,' he said.
More than 50 acts will perform at venues across the city during this year's Norwich Sound & Vision which runs until Saturday. Wristbands for entry to all NSV gigs cost £40. Tickets for individual events are also available.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
To book, visit www.norwichsoundandvision.co.uk