The Rum Festival is returning to Norwich in 2018
- Credit: Markus Spiske / CC 0 /Pexels
Rum lovers rejoice! A festival celebrating the tipple is returning to Norwich next year.
The first Norwich Rum Festival took place at Open in May and following its success organisers have confirmed it will be coming back to the city.
The travelling event will return in May 2018 to showcase over 100 different types of rum and offer a range of live entertainment, food and giveaways.
Lucy Douglas, the festival's founder, said: 'We knew rum was going to be big in 2017 and we'd heard Norwich knows how to party and the people of this fine city did not disappoint!
'We loved it so much we're coming back and you're all invited to join the party!'
You may also want to watch:
Taking place at OPEN over May 18-19, the festival will be split into three sessions.
Each guest will be gifted a Rum Festival glass and brochure. Drinks vouchers to taste the rums will be available.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
The event is strictly for over 18s only.
Tickets cost £7.50 plus a booking fee and are available to purchase now from opennorwich.org.uk