Can you guess what Norwich’s most instagrammed drink was this summer?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Thanks to the scorchingly hot summer, the bars and pubs in Norwich have been filled with drinkers sharing their sun-drenched afternoons on social media.
And the latest data released by Instagram has revealed that Norwich's love for a particular fizzy beverage has not waned, having been instagrammed more than any other alcoholic beverage.
And that drink is of course, prosecco.
Norwich joined the tens of other cities such as Bristol, Manchester and York, in their favouritism of the drink.
Research commissioned by Celebrity Cruises revealed that nationally, Aperol Spritz is the most Instagrammed cocktail, beating G&Ts, Pimms and martinis.
Since May, almost 30,000 pictures of prosecco had been instagrammed across the UK.
Across the world, the research found that Aperol Spritz' were favoured in Europe, and craft beer was favoured in the US.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
Likewise, Scotland favourited their national drink of whisky, with all cities apart from Dundee favouring the beverage.