Can you guess what Norwich’s most instagrammed drink was this summer?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Thanks to the scorchingly hot summer, the bars and pubs in Norwich have been filled with drinkers sharing their sun-drenched afternoons on social media.
And the latest data released by Instagram has revealed that Norwich's love for a particular fizzy beverage has not waned, having been instagrammed more than any other alcoholic beverage.
And that drink is of course, prosecco.
Norwich joined the tens of other cities such as Bristol, Manchester and York, in their favouritism of the drink.
Research commissioned by Celebrity Cruises revealed that nationally, Aperol Spritz is the most Instagrammed cocktail, beating G&Ts, Pimms and martinis.
You may also want to watch:
Since May, almost 30,000 pictures of prosecco had been instagrammed across the UK.
Across the world, the research found that Aperol Spritz' were favoured in Europe, and craft beer was favoured in the US.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
Likewise, Scotland favourited their national drink of whisky, with all cities apart from Dundee favouring the beverage.