Norwich Cathedral showcases creative talent for Norfolk Day celebration
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Wood carving, watercolour painting and the Norfolk dialect are just some of the traditions and crafts on show at city landmark today.
Norwich Cathedral was 'buzzing' for Norfolk Day as it put on displays of creative and musical talent from across the county.
These activities are taking place all day and designed to celebrate everything that is great about Norfolk.
The strong local flavour included a session of literature all based on Norfolk Dialect.
Local business people also exhibited videos about innovative initiatives using a variety of new technologies
You may also want to watch:
The Very Rev Jane Hedges, Dean of Norwich Cathedral, said: 'We've heard from poets, singers, guitarists, a harpist, a flutist, choirs and bands. This buzz will be echoed in communities all over Norfolk as we celebrate the beauty of our natural environment, history and heritage, and above all the wonderful people of this county.'
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 4 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 5 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 The Norfolk waterway that is too rude for Facebook
- 10 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults