Norfolk Spectacular: Dove and Boweevil
From the Dove and Boweevil official website:
Introducing Dove and Boweevil. They are noted as the best acoustic blues duos in East Anglia fronted by Lauren Dove and Mark Howes on acoustic and Dobro guitar.
Some could easily argue that Norfolk is England's answer to the Delta where rivers and skies stretch as far as the eye can see.
It is those vast and lonely landscapes that have influenced the earthy sound of Mark 'Boweevil' Howes and the soaring tones of Lauren Dove.
When listening to Dove and Boweevil you hear echoes of such artists as Eric Bibb, Susan Tedeschi, Howling Wolf and Son House. There is smoky soul within this angelic voice well complimented by Mark Howes with rasping authenticity.
Their debut album Getting Somewhere captures the barren wilderness of Norfolk with the spirited energy of a southern saloon and the uplifting calmness of a gospel ballad.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city