Showground event to host Bongo’s Bingo, live music and cinema
- Credit: Archant
From famous DJs to blockbuster films, there is something for everyone at the Norfolk Showground this summer with a jam-packed month of outdoor entertainment from Summertime Social.
The event is a collaboration between the Showground and Ideal Events, who have been running drive-in cinema screenings at the venue since July.
All the events will take place outside and there will be roped out areas for groups, for up to four adults with two free child tickets, and a one-way system.
The fun begins with the Outdoor Film and Food Festival from August 14 to 16 and the screenings includes Bohemian Rhapsody, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Rocketman and there is also a Kids Club with three films for the price of one.
There will be food available from local vendors at the Eating Street Market, which will run throughout Summertime Social, or customers can pay slightly more for a picnic pass.
You may also want to watch:
Symphonic Ibiza will bring the party on August 22, with a 12-piece orchestra and famous DJs Sonique, Brandon Block and Alex P, and Bongo’s Bingo on August 29 combines the traditional game with a live show.
The main aim of Summertime Social is to support local creatives and producers and this includes Red Card Comedy Club on August 20 and September 3, Gorleston-based reggae band Dumbfoundus on August 23, Norwich Soul Fest on August 28, Brickfest on August 31, from The Brickmakers in Sprowston Road, and Britpop night Common People: Outside on September 4.
While Norwich Pride had to go ahead virtually this year, all is not lost as Rainbow Party @ the Summertime Social will take place on September 5 and will feature DJs, drag acts and even a Queen tribute.
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 9 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
Danny Banthorpe, part of Ideal Events with Andrew Bunn, said: “Summertime Social is designed to help the local events industry and food traders.
“It is a chance to let loose in a safe environment and we also have proper toilets, hand sanitiser and check-in is contactless too.”
Make sure to like Summertime Social on Facebook for all the latest updates.