Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An Oscar-nominated actor who has starred in Game of Thrones and The Crown is set to appear in a Norfolk play.
Sir Jonathan Pryce will feature in Under Lockdown in Milk Wood at Westacre Theatre in west Norfolk.
The play is inspired by Dylan Thomas' classic Under Milk Wood and sees some of its characters reunite in the pandemic lockdown.
Mr Pryce, who has won two Tony Awards and two Olivier Awards, appeared in a 2014 TV adaptation of Under Milk Wood as Mr Pugh.
The decorated star of stage and screen will appear thanks to modern technology.
Leah Spencer, the writer and director, said that she wrote the play to commemorate her friend, Lesley Mardle, who died in 2020.
Tickets can be bought on the Westacre Theatre website for £12.50 and all the money raised will go to the Target Ovarian Cancer Charity.
The play will run on Friday, November 5, and Saturday, November 6, at 7.30pm, with a 3pm matinee on Saturday.
Join our What’s On in Norfolk Facebook group for more information about the biggest and best events coming to the county.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights