Norfolk Open Studios calling for artists
- Credit: Richard Cleland
After the cancellation of the Norfolk Open Studios last year, the long anticipated return for the event is over, with applications now open for Autumn.
Norfolk Open Studios is open to artists and makers of all mediums and abilities and is not only one of the biggest events of the Norfolk arts calendar, but the biggest of its kind in the country, bringing sales, exposure and inspiration to hundreds of creatives.
For 16 days a year, the event sees around 400 artists opening up their creative spaces to the public to show, sell and demonstrate their work, creating a diverse artistic community throughout the county.
This year will be hotly anticipated by so many who are itching to go back to sharing their work in person.
Whilst creativity has been a source of comfort, entertainment and sanctuary for many during the past year, it has also been tough for artists, struggling to find the inspiration for new work and, often, to make a living.
You may also want to watch:
Ros Dixon, Norfolk Open Studios administrator, said: “We were delighted to still be able to celebrate some of our amazing artists by hosting Norfolk Opens Studios 2020 online last May, but can’t wait to be back in the studios, smelling the paint and kilns, getting to ask those questions we’ve always wanted to know from the artists themselves. And the chance to buy art direct from the artist is very special”
South Norfolk Artist Andy Jarrett, said: “I have large numbers of visitors from all over the county and further afield who come to see and buy my work, so it’s become an important part of my yearly income which is wonderful.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
“This is only a small part of what Norfolk Open Studios offers, it’s also a nourishing chance to meet the wider artistic community, to make friends and share ideas, as artists we often work in isolation, so Open Studios is highly important.”
For more information and to apply, visit norfolkstudios.org.uk. Applications close Friday 23 April. Norfolk Open Studios will open 25 September to 10 October.