Norfolk musicians Oli Brown and Ron Sayer Junior nominated for British Blues Awards
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk blues stars have been nominated for an award at this year's British Blues Awards.
Former Broadland High School pupil Oli Brown and North Walsham musician Ron Sayer Junior have both been nominated for the Kevin Thorpe Memorial Award for the Original British Blues Song category.
Brown is currently touring in the USA and Canada ahead of a European tour which will mainly take in venues in Italy and Germany during the summer.
His song, Here I Am, from his third album, also entitled Here I Am, has been nominated for the award, as has Ron Sayer's Don't Make Me Stay.
Fifteen of the country's best-known blues radio shows have each nominated four songs for the award and voting is now narrowing down a winner from each.
You may also want to watch:
Brown's song was nominated by Rob Bancroft of the Rock 'N' Blues Circus on 10Radio and Sayer's song has been nominated by Colin Etches of the Friday Night Blues Show on Trent Sound.
Brown - who lived in Sco Ruston, near Coltishall, until recently - won Best Young Artist at the awards in 2010 and 2012, as well as Best Male Vocalist in 2010 and Best Album for his second album, Heads I Win Tails You Lose, in 2011. The rest of this year's nominations have not yet been announced.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- Voting for the Kevin Thorpe Memorial Award finishes on Saturday and is being voted for at www.britishbluesawards.com