Norfolk guitarist Oli Brown to join John Mayall line-up at Indonesia gig
Guitarist Oli Brown has completed a tour supporting with the Godfather of British Blues John Mayall, and been asked to join the band for a one-off gig in Indonesia.
The young singer songwriter from Sco Ruston warmed up crowds during a 25-date UK tour and also joined the legend as a guest during the main show.
He has now been asked to play in the main band at a blues festival in Jakarta on December 17 - two days after his regular 'home' gig at Norwich Waterfront.
Oli's manager and father Graham Brown said the call up was an 'awesome' follow-up to a memorable tour - though it would mean heading off to Heathrow airport immediately after the Norwich event ended.
'He is over the moon and honoured to be asked,' Mr Brown added.
Oli had first played with Mayall in a guest spot when he performed at the UEA five years ago. He now joins a line-up where guitarists have included greats such as Eric Clapton and Peter Green.
A busy 2012 ahead for Oli includes January touring in USA and Canada, a new album release in March and UK tour in April including dates at Diss Corn Hall (26) and Bury St Edmunds Apex (30).
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
More information www.olibrownband.co.uk