Special Norwich-inspired pie to launch at Canaries’ first home match
- Credit: OPEN
Football fans will be able to enjoy a special pie inspired by Norfolk Day.
Norwich-based charity OPEN Youth Trust (OPEN) created the dishes.
The Norwich Pie will contain beef in dark ale gravy, within a mustard shortcrust pastry.
This will be launched at the Canary Club pre-match event before Norwich City's first home game of the season against West Bromwich Albion on August 11.
A separate Norfolk Pie, which features pork loin and ham set in a light ale jelly, has also been created by OPEN.
You may also want to watch:
Both pies will be available through the OPEN.
John Gordon-Saker, chief executive of OPEN said: 'I am excited by both these pies, especially as they have been created to celebrate Norfolk Day using iconic local brands.'
To book tickets for the Norwich City pre-match event, between 11am and 2pm, visit www.opennorwich.org.uk/whats-on/gigs-events/canary-club
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree