Special Norwich-inspired pie to launch at Canaries’ first home match
- Credit: OPEN
Football fans will be able to enjoy a special pie inspired by Norfolk Day.
Norwich-based charity OPEN Youth Trust (OPEN) created the dishes.
The Norwich Pie will contain beef in dark ale gravy, within a mustard shortcrust pastry.
This will be launched at the Canary Club pre-match event before Norwich City's first home game of the season against West Bromwich Albion on August 11.
A separate Norfolk Pie, which features pork loin and ham set in a light ale jelly, has also been created by OPEN.
You may also want to watch:
Both pies will be available through the OPEN.
John Gordon-Saker, chief executive of OPEN said: 'I am excited by both these pies, especially as they have been created to celebrate Norfolk Day using iconic local brands.'
To book tickets for the Norwich City pre-match event, between 11am and 2pm, visit www.opennorwich.org.uk/whats-on/gigs-events/canary-club
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital