Norfolk choir to relaunch singing workshop
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk choir will be relaunching a singing workshop complete with rehearsals, a trip to the pub and a concert finale.
Norfolk Camerata - formerly North Norfolk Chorale - will be hosting a Come and Sing Day at the 18th-century Octagon Chapel, Norwich, on Saturday, February 23.
The focus of the day will be Vivaldi's Gloria and Zadok the Priest, with the latter being well known for its performance at every British coronation since George II.
Guest conductor Martin Budgett will lead a workshop on the music in the morning, and the afternoon session will involve rehearsals for the evening concert at 6pm led by musical director Jonathan Dodd.
At lunchtime there will be time to enjoy the many pubs, cafes and restaurants close to the chapel, or participants can bring their own refreshments to enjoy in the chapel's meeting room.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.norfolkcamerata.co.uk or call 01692 405591.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 4 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47