NME Awards tour with the Cribs
Colin Wilson Shockwaves NME Awards Tour 2008, headlined by the Cribs and supported by three of the hottest-tipped bands for 2008, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, the Ting Tings and Does It Offend You Yeah? arrives at Norwich on Wednesday, February 13, and Cambridge on Friday, February 15.
Shockwaves NME Awards Tour 2008, headlined by the Cribs and supported by three of the hottest-tipped bands for 2008, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, the Ting Tings and Does It Offend You Yeah? arrives at Norwich on Wednesday, February 13, and Cambridge on Friday, February 15.
The tour coincides with the release of the Cribs' new single I'm a Realist through Wichita Recordings on February 25. The single can be found on the Cribs critically acclaimed 2007 LP, Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever.
Indie-pop gods-in-waiting, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong released their debut single Lucio Starts Fires through Young & Lost Club in October and finished 2007 touring with Babyshambles, Dizzee Rascall and supporting Kaiser Chiefs at Earl's Court. Former Pipettes drummer Joe Lean (vocals), Panda (bass), Tom Dougall (guitar), Dom O'Dare (guitar) and Bummer Jong (drums) list influences including Big Star, Smokey Robinson and Dion and the Belmonts.
You can expect widespread chaos from Does It Offend You Yeah? Their first full single, We Are Rockstars, is released on Virgin Records on March 10, followed by the album You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into on March 17.
The prestigious opening slot previously occupied by the likes of Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand goes this year to northern boy/girl electro-pop duo the Ting Tings. Jules De Martino and Katie White teased and tantalized during the latter months of last year by releasing extremely limited singles and playing very few headline shows. The duly deposited buzz has built steadily ever since. They release their first Columbia Records single, Great DJ, on March 3 and you can expect their debut album in early summer.
- 1 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 4 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 5 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 9 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 10 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
t Norwich UEA, 01603 508050, £15.50 advance, UEA Students' Union, The Waterfront, Soundclash, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
v Cambridge Corn Exchange, 01223 357851, £15.50 advance, www.cornex.co.uk