Comedian bringing autobiographical show back to city theatre
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Comedian Karl Minns is bringing his autobiographical show, Sortabiography, back to the Norwich Playhouse.
Minns, one half of comedy duo the Nimmo Twins, performed the one-man show to two sold-out auditoriums at the theatre in January.
It takes audiences on an emotional rollercoaster through his life and career, through periods of huge success and jubilation down into the dark depths of depression, while managing to maintain its comic edge even in the lowest moments.
The Playhouse hails it as a show which reveals 'the tenacity of the human spirit' and 'the realisation that the bravest thing we can ever do it try and write our own story'.
Minns shone a spotlight on men's mental health issues when he appeared in the Norwich Theatre Royal's Creative Matters season at its Stage Two in January 2018.
You may also want to watch:
• Sortabiography is showing at Norwich Playhouse from July 18 to 20.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home