Comedian bringing autobiographical show back to city theatre
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Comedian Karl Minns is bringing his autobiographical show, Sortabiography, back to the Norwich Playhouse.
Minns, one half of comedy duo the Nimmo Twins, performed the one-man show to two sold-out auditoriums at the theatre in January.
It takes audiences on an emotional rollercoaster through his life and career, through periods of huge success and jubilation down into the dark depths of depression, while managing to maintain its comic edge even in the lowest moments.
The Playhouse hails it as a show which reveals 'the tenacity of the human spirit' and 'the realisation that the bravest thing we can ever do it try and write our own story'.
Minns shone a spotlight on men's mental health issues when he appeared in the Norwich Theatre Royal's Creative Matters season at its Stage Two in January 2018.
You may also want to watch:
• Sortabiography is showing at Norwich Playhouse from July 18 to 20.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars