New Year's Day fireworks on Cromer Pier
Richard BatsonFireworks will again light up Cromer Pier on New Year's Day - with a spectacular display planned by organisers, who are encouraging visitors to visit the town to blow away the cobwebs from the night before.Richard Batson
Fireworks will again light up Cromer Pier on New Year's Day - with a spectacular display planned by organisers, who are encouraging visitors to visit the town to blow away the cobwebs from the night before.
The town council run annual event draws thousands of people to the resort for a brisk walk on the beach, and some refreshments before the tea time display.
Fireworks expert Clive Casburn said the show would start with fountains fired from the sides of the pier, with many fired over the water to create a 'truly magical effect.'
Mr Casburn of Premiere Fireworks added: "We're planning a red-white-and blue series with plenty of noise and colour ending with strobing stars reflecting in the water. A golden finale with spider candles and brocade shells in the sky will round off the display."
The fireworks, now in their 11th year, are at 5pm on January 1, but event chairman Jim Bond urged people not to leave it until the last minute.
"Low tide on 1 January will be 13.22, so it could be a good afternoon for a stroll along the beach. Caf�s, pubs and restaurants will also be open, so there'll be plenty of places to get a cup of tea or something stronger," he added.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 6 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 9 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 10 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k