New Overstrand business The Bucket List is changing the way we eat chips by the coast
- Credit: Nathan Boon
Chips in a bucket? Bespoke toppings? The Bucket List is here to change the way you think about seaside food.
Created by Nathan and Adele Boon, The Bucket List is a quirky new business housed in a horsebox trailer in Overstrand, selling hand cut chips with unique toppings.
Mr Boon, who also works as head chef at The White Horse in Overstrand, had been toying with the idea of setting up the business for years, before going ahead in June.
He said: 'My family recently relocated to Overstrand and I felt it was the perfect place to start as it's a fantastic beach and chips by the coast should be statutory.
'Adding toppings to our chips allows us to have a bit more fun and the flavour combinations are endless.'
You may also want to watch:
The Bucket List operates from Paul's Lane Car Park and the menu changes daily.
Popular toppings include Chisagne (beef bolognaise, Parmesan, white sauce and garlic bread crumb) as well as a take on traditional fish and chips with hake nuggets, Marie rose sauce, pickled cucumber and pea puree.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
The business is set to expand to cover event hire and Mr Boon says the couple are looking to open a shop in Norwich in the future.
The Bucket List is open daily until the end of September from noon to 7.30pm.
For more information visit facebook.com/chipbuckets