New GCSE drama course at The Garage in Norwich
- Credit: supplied by The Garage
Norwich arts venue The Garage is to extend the number of performing arts qualifications it offers by running a GCSE drama course from January 2018.
It will be the second GCSE on the timetable at the Chapel Field North venue after it introduced a new course in GCSE dance earlier this year.
People can sign up now to start both of the courses this coming January, with auditions for prospective students taking place on Sunday, October 8 and Sunday, November 12.
Both GCSEs will be run as 18-month, part time courses on Sundays and they are open to people of all ages wanting to study outside of school or work hours.
Emma Brady, the GCSE dance lead tutor, said: 'One of the benefits of taking GCSE dance in a venue such as this are the other opportunities you have to get involved with. You are aware of the possibilities dance can provide, particularly in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'A key aim of the course delivery is to provide students with a wealth of extra curricular and industry specific opportunities on top of the course content; you get not only to watch and be involved in masterclasses and performances, but also meet and engage with people who are also in the industry, so it is fantastic in terms of personal development and progression.'
Meanwhile The Garage is also recruiting for the final few spaces on its new Performing Arts HNC courses that it announced earlier this year.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
The HNCs in dance, acting and musical theatre start in September and they are intensive six-month foundation courses that are aimed at young people leaving sixth form or college and aspiring to go to dance or drama school.
Some HNC scholarships are available for people showing exceptional talent, and auditions are taking place on Friday this week for HNC places both with and without scholarships.
Anybody who is interested in finding out more about any of the courses at The Garage or who wants to book an audition place, should email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call The Garage on 01603 283382.
For more information about all courses and events that are taking place at The Garage, visit the venue's website at www.thegarage.org.uk