New GCSE drama course at The Garage in Norwich
- Credit: supplied by The Garage
Norwich arts venue The Garage is to extend the number of performing arts qualifications it offers by running a GCSE drama course from January 2018.
It will be the second GCSE on the timetable at the Chapel Field North venue after it introduced a new course in GCSE dance earlier this year.
People can sign up now to start both of the courses this coming January, with auditions for prospective students taking place on Sunday, October 8 and Sunday, November 12.
Both GCSEs will be run as 18-month, part time courses on Sundays and they are open to people of all ages wanting to study outside of school or work hours.
Emma Brady, the GCSE dance lead tutor, said: 'One of the benefits of taking GCSE dance in a venue such as this are the other opportunities you have to get involved with. You are aware of the possibilities dance can provide, particularly in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'A key aim of the course delivery is to provide students with a wealth of extra curricular and industry specific opportunities on top of the course content; you get not only to watch and be involved in masterclasses and performances, but also meet and engage with people who are also in the industry, so it is fantastic in terms of personal development and progression.'
Meanwhile The Garage is also recruiting for the final few spaces on its new Performing Arts HNC courses that it announced earlier this year.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
The HNCs in dance, acting and musical theatre start in September and they are intensive six-month foundation courses that are aimed at young people leaving sixth form or college and aspiring to go to dance or drama school.
Some HNC scholarships are available for people showing exceptional talent, and auditions are taking place on Friday this week for HNC places both with and without scholarships.
Anybody who is interested in finding out more about any of the courses at The Garage or who wants to book an audition place, should email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call The Garage on 01603 283382.
For more information about all courses and events that are taking place at The Garage, visit the venue's website at www.thegarage.org.uk