New feature for children at Thursford Christmas show
RICHARD PARR Plenty of sparkle for the festive season will be provided as the curtain rises Saturday, November 10, on the first two performances of this year's sell-out £2m-budget Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
Plenty of sparkle for the festive season will be provided as the curtain rises Saturday, November 10, on the first two performances of this year's sell-out £2m-budget Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
Today sees the final rehearsal by more than 100 professional singers, dancer and musicians.
This year 120,000 tickets have been sold, making it a sell-out, with people travelling from all over the country to enjoy what is widely recognised as the biggest show of its kind in the country.
You may also want to watch:
The three-hour glitz and glamour celebration of the festive season has put the tiny village of Thursford, near Fakenham, on the map. Now in its fourth decade, interest from the public shows no sign of waning and this year there will be a record number of 82 performances to cope with the demand until the final curtain on December 23.
“People write in every year after seeing the show to say how much they have enjoyed it and many now say that their Christmas doesn't really start until they have been to Thursford,” said director John Cushing.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
This year for the first time a new attraction especially for children is being opened. The Magical Journey to Christmas opens its doors on November 17 and already there have been thousands of advance bookings.
Children, who must be accompanied by their parents or carers, will be taken on a magical journey through a make-believe world of animated polar bears, penguins and talking elves on their way to see Santa.
More information about the Christmas shows and the new attraction for children is available by contacting 01328 878477.