New club for budding film-makers at Norwich’s Cinema City
- Credit: Archant
Budding film-makers and movie lovers can get involved in a new group at a city arts hub.
People aged 16-24 can join the free monthly film club at Cinema City's John Hurt Centre in Norwich.
Organised by the Cinema City Education charity, it is hoped the group will expose young people to independent film, offer industry advice and teach film-making skills.
Guy Martin, education manager of Cinema City Education, said: 'Film is an art form and the club is about young people having these skills so they can understand films in a wider sense.
'A lot of mainstream films dominate the cinema and we worry about the audiences of tomorrow for independent cinema.'
You may also want to watch:
He added the late actor John Hurt, who died in January 2017, would have been honoured the group was happening in the building which was named after him.
To get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 625145.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’