New ‘Classic Ibiza’ concert announced for Blicking Hall this summer
- Credit: Archant
It is known as the party capital of the world.
But this summer a little taste of Ibiza is coming to Norfolk – where it is being given a classical twist.
Blickling Hall, near Aylsham, is hosting a night of dance anthems played by an internationally-renowned DJ, accompanied by a live 32-piece orchestra and a stunning laser show.
Classic Ibiza will boast a playlist of iconic tunes including the likes of The Verve's 'Bittersweet Symphony', Robert Miles' 'Children' and Fatboy Slim's 'Right Here Right Now'.
The open-air concert, which is being headlined by the Urban Soul Orchestra together with international DJ Goldierocks (aka Sam Hall), is being staged at the historic estate on Friday, August 12.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected to attract a sell-out audience of 8,000 people, with tickets going on sale to the public this week.
Event organiser Lisa Ward said: 'It promises to be this summer's coolest open-air concert.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
'Imagine all the best Ibiza anthems being brought to life by an uber cool orchestra, with one of the hottest international DJs around mixing an exclusive cutting-edge set whilst a breath-taking laser show consumes the night sky and the scene is set.
'It will be a truly memorable Ibizan classical concert.'
Classic Ibiza is the first of two major music events being staged at the National Trust venue that weekend.
The Last Night of the Blickling Proms, which has become a favourite in the Norfolk county calendar and this year features a performance from classical Brit award winners Blake, will follow as the second part of a classical double-header on Saturday, August 13.
Ms Ward added: 'We'd been looking for a potential second night to add to our already successful programme and just knew as soon as we saw it that an open-air classical Ibiza concert with some exciting extras was what Blickling was waiting for.'
Full event details and tickets are now available online at www.revival-productions.co.uk or call the event box office on 01283 841601. Group discounts of up to 20pc are available. Parking for both cars and coaches is free.
For regular updates, follow @Classic_Ibiza on Twitter or find them on Facebook.