New Aylsham Music Society concerts at town church
- Credit: Archant
A town society is continuing to put on musical concerts despite the loss of two leading lights in the group.
Aylsham Music Society concert organiser Alison Snape died suddenly in March last year and society chairman, canon Michael Butler, was killed in a road traffic collision on the A140 at Alby in November last year.
But a small committee, lead by John Snape, has organised a series of concerts with a wide range of appeal.
The society was formed 10 years ago and has provided well over 100 lunch hour concerts of mainly classical music at St Michael's Church, off the town centre.
And for the first time in its history the group has organised five evening concerts this year, which will help more people to enjoy the events.
You may also want to watch:
The series starts on Thursday March 12 with two young performers violinist Ben Baker and pianist Erdem Misirlioglu, who are already performing on international stages.
This is followed by popular local musicians Clive Ashwin and Caroline Bull who are presenting The Story of the Saxophone in Words and Music on Thursday April 16.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
Aylsham Music is also supporting a return of Britten Sinfonia in May as part of the Aylsham Festival.
Norwich Baroque will also perform The Grand Tour in July.
All concerts will continue to be inside St Michael's Church.
For full details about the society events visit www.aylshammusic.org