New Aylsham Music Society concerts at town church
- Credit: Archant
A town society is continuing to put on musical concerts despite the loss of two leading lights in the group.
Aylsham Music Society concert organiser Alison Snape died suddenly in March last year and society chairman, canon Michael Butler, was killed in a road traffic collision on the A140 at Alby in November last year.
But a small committee, lead by John Snape, has organised a series of concerts with a wide range of appeal.
The society was formed 10 years ago and has provided well over 100 lunch hour concerts of mainly classical music at St Michael's Church, off the town centre.
And for the first time in its history the group has organised five evening concerts this year, which will help more people to enjoy the events.
The series starts on Thursday March 12 with two young performers violinist Ben Baker and pianist Erdem Misirlioglu, who are already performing on international stages.
This is followed by popular local musicians Clive Ashwin and Caroline Bull who are presenting The Story of the Saxophone in Words and Music on Thursday April 16.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
Aylsham Music is also supporting a return of Britten Sinfonia in May as part of the Aylsham Festival.
Norwich Baroque will also perform The Grand Tour in July.
All concerts will continue to be inside St Michael's Church.
For full details about the society events visit www.aylshammusic.org