New acoustic night at Norwich caf�
A new Norwich club night, Acoustic and Electric at Olive's, is in Elm Hill on Thursday (and will run on the last Thursday of the month).The nights take their name from the title of th
A new Norwich club night, Acoustic and Electric at Olive's, is in Elm Hill on Thursday (and will run on the last Thursday of the month).
The nights take their name from the title of the Future Radio show presented by Richard Penguin on Sunday evenings from 5-6pm, and the DJ has programmed the live showcase, which will run from 8.15pm.
The opening night features Shane O'Linski, Tender Lion and Eastern Straynotes.
Shane, Howlback Hum organiser, offbeat songwriter and ubiquitous band member, will be performing his minimalist songs influenced by Syd Barrett and late-period Beatles. Shane has recently compiled number four in the We're from Norwich compilation series.
You may also want to watch:
Tender Lion is the brainchild of Ed from Cakes and Ale. His side project sees him create charming songs played on guitar, harmonium, and melodeon.
Completing the line up are the Eastern Straynotes, an upbeat three-piece outfit who draw their inspiration from Thirties and Forties jazz, klezmer and Eastern European music.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
t �1 entry; www.futureradio.co.uk; email@example.com