National Youth Choir surprises passers-by with pop-up performance
- Credit: NYCGB
Some of the UK's top young choristers treated passers-by to a special pop-up performance in Norwich city centre.
The members of the National Youth Choir gave a free performance ouside The Forum at midday on Sunday ahead of taking to the stage last night for a concert at St Andrew's Hall.
The choir - which includes 19-year-old Norwich singer Lucy Thalange who won Norfolk Young Musician of the Year in 2017 - attracted a crowd of about 200 people during the free lunchtime show. The performance gave a preview of the evening concert and included dance performances of Wonder-Woman and Libertango.
Choir member Emma Skelly, 19, said: 'It was a nice feeling to stop people in their tracks and it looked like it made their day.'
Fellow singer Henry Reavey, 20, said: 'It was great fun and it was nice to get to perform to locals and passers-by who were all very friendly.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns