National Youth Choir surprises passers-by with pop-up performance
- Credit: NYCGB
Some of the UK's top young choristers treated passers-by to a special pop-up performance in Norwich city centre.
The members of the National Youth Choir gave a free performance ouside The Forum at midday on Sunday ahead of taking to the stage last night for a concert at St Andrew's Hall.
The choir - which includes 19-year-old Norwich singer Lucy Thalange who won Norfolk Young Musician of the Year in 2017 - attracted a crowd of about 200 people during the free lunchtime show. The performance gave a preview of the evening concert and included dance performances of Wonder-Woman and Libertango.
Choir member Emma Skelly, 19, said: 'It was a nice feeling to stop people in their tracks and it looked like it made their day.'
Fellow singer Henry Reavey, 20, said: 'It was great fun and it was nice to get to perform to locals and passers-by who were all very friendly.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote