N-Dubz, Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz and Tinchy Stryder on way to Norwich festival

Thirty-thousand people will be joining a massive festival in Norwich this summer with some of the biggest acts in music strutting their stuff.

Stars including Tinie Tempah, N-Dubz and Taio Cruz will appear at the Norfolk Spectacular event, to be held just outside Norwich.

The pop event will take place over the weekend of September 3 and 4 with up to 30,000 revellers descending on the Norfolk Showground on the Dereham Road to celebrate the very best in hip-hop, R&B and pop music.


You may also want to watch:


Most Read

The festival will feature at least 10 acts on both the Saturday and the Sunday, with one day focusing on pop and the other on hip-hop and R&B.

The acts announced so far are hip-hop stars Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder and N-Dubz – all performing on the Sunday night of the two-day festival. The Saturday line-up will be announced in two weeks' time.

Logistics manager Roy Trickett said they have more big-name pop stars signed up to headline the Saturday, but is keeping tight-lipped on who they might be.

He said: 'We are very excited about the line-up. Sunday is more hip-hop and R&B but Saturday will be more pop music. The acts on the Saturday are confirmed and they very big names, but I can't tell you who yet.'

Tickets for the event, which is aimed at teenagers and young people, will go on sale on Monday, with Norwich residents receiving a special discount if they book early. All residents with NR postcodes can get special 'early bird' tickets with reductions of �6.50 per day if they book in the next week.

Mr Trickett said he wanted to reward local residents with a special deal. 'We have been planning for this for four years now. A good young people's festival is missing in Norfolk. Every concert that goes on in Norwich is billed to the older audience; the only thing you have got is the UEA and the capacity is not very big so tickets sell out pretty quick. It will be great for the area.'

The festival site will be equipped with camping, toilets and showers on site.

Mr Trickett emphasised that it would be a safe event and that residents need not have any concerns.

'I want to stress that there will be a very strong drug zero tolerance on board; this is a safe event and a family event,' he said. 'The council came to a Madness concert that we put on a couple of years ago and they said it was the best organised concert we have ever had in Norfolk. That's why they said yes to our application.'

Other centres in Norwich were excited about the prospect of a new cultural event. Stuart Hobday, director of Norwich Arts Centre, welcomed the event as an opportunity to improve the area's culture.

He said: 'We would support bringing music to Norwich. There is a lack of festivals in Norfolk, not summer ones at least. It sounds like it would be good opportunity for Norwich to see the latest acts.'

Matthew Sanders, head of communications at the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, said it could make Norwich a cultural centre.

'It is good news for the city if they can bring those kinds of quantities of people into the area. It is the sort of thing that if it became a regular thing and developed a good reputation then it can only benefit everybody in the area.'

Are you organising a big event in Norwich? Contact us on 01603 772443 or email eveningnews@archant.co.uk.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus