Mundesley Festival preview
RICHARD BATSON The annual Mundesley Festival kicks off with a concert by the Constantia Brothers and Maria.
Greece is the word when the curtain goes up at a seaside festival this weekend.
The annual Mundesley Festival kicks off on Sunday with a concert by the Constantia Brothers and Maria.
The show, called The Magic Which Is Cyprus, showcases the family's musical talents, which has seen them perform and record Greek music over many years.
They regularly entertain after dinner at their East Runton restaurant and have cut tracks for film and television. Fully blown shows by the whole family are a rarity these days, so it will be a treat for the first night festival audience.
The festival runs through to the following Saturday, with its big band and jazz nights as popular as ever, with Jonathan Wyatt and Terry Lightfoot doing the honours this summer. Other regular events include country music and a brass band finale. But there is an Abba tribute act this year as the festival goes “under new management” with Derek Kirk taking over as general manager - following the deaths of stalwarts Phil and Joan Drackett after 21 years at the helm of the event.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
He said the festival team were looking forward to the week and raring to go.
All events at the Coronation Hall at 7.45pm unless stated.
t Sunday August 6: Constantia Brothers and Maria
t Monday August 7: Jonathan Wyatt Big Band with Ollie Day
t Tuesday August 8: Razz and Auntie Pearl (2pm; Abbababes and Guitar George
t Wednesday August 9: Terry Lightfoot and his Jazzmen
t Thursday August 10: Film show QE2 trip around Britain and hot air ballooning over Norwich (2pm); Cromer Smugglers
t Friday August 11: Above the Law country music with BBC Radio Norfolk's Roy Waller
t Saturday August 12: Norfolk Wherry Brass, introduced by Keith Skipper.
All events tickets by phone on 01263 720965 or visit the box office on the shoppers' car park which is open 10am until noon Tuesday to Saturday and 2pm until 4pm Tuesday to Friday.