Ways to celebrate Mothers’ Day in Diss
- Credit: Archant
It's Mothers' Day on Sunday, March 11 and from walks in the park to an afternoon tea there are lots of ways to make the day special in Diss.
• A sweet treat from the Gluten Free Food Store
Treat mum to a homemade cake jar from the independent business located in Cobbs Yard, flavours available include; triple chocolate, Baileys, Rhubarb gin and vanilla or Cointreau. (open Monday to Saturday)
• Diss-cover Diss's History
You may also want to watch:
Diss Museum located in the Market Place re-opens for the summer season on Saturday, March 10 at 11am.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
•Take a stroll around Diss
The Diss Circular Walk, which loops around the town is five and a half miles long but can be broken down into smaller two mile walks.
• Afternoon tea at the Park Hotel
On Saturday, March 10, Park Hotel will be offering a full afternoon tea from 3-6pm. £15pp.
•See a show
On Saturday, March 10, The Florence School of Dance and Dreamcatcher Drama Group will be performing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at Diss High School. Performances are at 2pm and 7pm. Tickets are £6pp and are free for children.
•Explore the Heritage Triangle
From independent shops selling handmade gifts to the Natural Foodstore and Fredericks Fine Foods there are a wealth of things to do and enjoy in the Heritage Triangle.
•Enjoy a Pint over looking Fair Green
The Cock Inn, overlooking the picturesque Fair Green, has been welcoming visitors for more than 500 years.
There are many options in Diss when it comes to enjoying a Mothers' Day Sunday Lunch, from Weavers, in Market Hill to Saracens Head, The Waterfront Inn and The Park Hotel.
•Feed the Ducks at Mere's Mouth
Duck feed is available from shops in Mere Street.
• Enjoy a coffee and a good book overlooking the Mere
Open Monday to Saturday, Diss's independent book shop has a wealth of good reads and a cafe.